Nasty Black Screen Flicker

Hello all, Yes I am still here and working on Garquest - Tales of Pandaloria, which is going to be awesome and better than all the prequels! I have a question though. For so...

Started
February 10th, 2011

Last Reply
1164 days ago

Hello all,

Yes I am still here and working on Garquest - Tales of Pandaloria, which is going to be awesome and better than all the prequels!

I have a question though. For some reason, the screen flickers black briefly once every few seconds. It does not hurt game performance though it is pretty annoying and looks messy. Does anyone know what might cause this problem? Could it be specific to my machine or has anyone else experienced this before? Any help is appreciated!

T
0 people found this helpful
Fullscreen or windowed?

I hear about it all of the time from people running their game in fullscreen mode.

The solution is to turn off Hardware acceleration for your graphics card. If you can, I believe people with ATI cards either can't or have a hard time getting it to work. It doesn't hurt game performance as far as I'm aware. It's just a graphics problem. And only seems to show up in Fullscreen mode.
1 person found this helpful
Turning off HW acceleration is absolutely not something you should do in windows.
Care to explain? Simply saying don't do it can only be half trusted without a reason being given. I've had no adverse effects doing so before. I don't keep it turned off of course, for a fullscreen game with the flicker problem. And it is recommended for this problem even in professional games.
But will this problem occur on any machine? Or just some?
As far as I'm aware, it can occur on any machine. I don't know much as it's not often reported by those whom have been around for a while and no one has bothered to do a survey of the machine types. Though my assumption is it happens to almost everyone if not everyone.
website by phil carty © 2011
additional icons by matty andrews and dana brett harris