HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

I want custom graphics for my game but I suck at pixel drawing but im great at anime drawing so please will someone make me some custom pixel work for my game.Here's what ill ...

Started
November 26th, 2011

Last Reply
966 days ago

I want custom graphics for my game but I suck at pixel drawing but im great at anime drawing so please will someone make me some custom pixel work for my game.Here's what ill need:walking,slashing (in all directions),holding multiple items up such as swords shields potions and money,holding shield out (in all directions),sleeping,dead and hurt.if you will try this pm me and i will send you pics of how i want the main char to look like.also i need you to make
items,people(such as:men,woman,horse,sheep,chickens,deer,birds,dogs,cats,cows,pigs) and last but not least grass,temples(ice,fire,dark and wood),towns,desert,snow.

your name will be put in the credits as lead pixel artist

please pm me or comment
:mrgreen: :x 8) :? :o :( :) :D :| :wink: :cry: :oops: :P
0 people found this helpful
I think people would be more sympathic if you had a stab at drawing them yourself before you begged for help, try drawing all that stuff in your preferred style and then shrinking it down to size.

It that doesn't work you could redesign the game show that your favourite art style is dominant in it, e.g. a choose your own adventure book style filed with dragon quest style battles.
I have tried making my own sprites but they suck you mite as well used a blind monkey for it,And my game is specifically designed for a Loz style battle systom.
Like he said, try drawing them anime style and exporting them with smaller dimensions. See how that looks. If your image editor doesn't do terrible things when scaling down an image, it might be fine. That said, there are some talented pixel artists here, but they'd most likely prefer to work on their own projects unless they are either 1) very confident they're more likely to get something done working with you or 2) you're paying them for their time.
I would work for cash, but otherwise Ive got better things to do :P
3 part question: can bitmaps be drawn to canvases; if so can those canvases be animated in real time with the game board engine; if not what are some alternatives that could function in this way if any?
I HAVE NO MONEY NUUUUU!!!
And could you tell me how i could do that without a scanner and i cant draw on the comp cuz you might as well have a FREAKEN BLIND MONKEY DO IT ON THE COMP!!
sorry my temper got the better of me.
Also I thought that giving them the title of lead pixle artist will be enough.
Apparently that is not the case.
KobraGrey said "3 part question: can bitmaps be drawn to canvases; if so can those canvases be animated in real time with the game board engine; if not what are some alternatives that could function in this way if any?"

Assuming this "bitmap" is an image file, yes.
A canvas is essentially a still image stored in the memory, it cannot be animated, but you can have multiple canvas to display progressively.
Look at the cnvRenderNow canvas.

team nss said "I HAVE NO MONEY NUUUUU!!!
And could you tell me how i could do that without a scanner and i cant draw on the comp cuz you might as well have a FREAKEN BLIND MONKEY DO IT ON THE COMP!!
sorry my temper got the better of me."

Practice, practice, practice.
Look for tutorials?
Sprite templates?
Ripped graphics?

team nss said "Also I thought that giving them the title of lead pixle artist will be enough.
Apparently that is not the case."

No, it isn't the case.

team nss said "Also I thought that giving them the title of lead pixle artist will be enough.
Apparently that is not the case."

Check out my games release list and awards(im not bragging just trying to prove a point). Sometimes I find it hard to get people to do stuff for me, what chance do you have while nobody knows you.

first use ripped graphics and start making your game, posting screenshots and news. when people start getting interest in your game you might find somebody who will do your graphics then.
website by phil carty © 2011
additional icons by matty andrews and dana brett harris