Pixel Art

Some of my pixel art of late. Any critique? I feel like I'm on a much higher level than I was when I used to frequent TKZ, despite rarely making pixel art anymore, and I wan...

Started
December 25th, 2011

Last Reply
54 days ago

Some of my pixel art of late. Any critique? I feel like I'm on a much higher level than I was when I used to frequent TKZ, despite rarely making pixel art anymore, and I want to get back into it.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
0 people found this helpful
this is some really wicked work..
the goblin looks like piccolo from dragon ball z
That's kind of the point.
oh in that case good job
Thanks. Any critique though, as far as improving my technique goes?

The Thing, Wednesday, Uncle Fester, and Lurch.
OMG i love the adam's family!!! :D

i can't really think of any critique off the top of my head lol everything seems fine to me. the only thing i'd work on is speed and efficiency, but obviously i can't measure that by looking at these. so basically, keep getting faster, everything's already perfectly fine.
Your ability to represent value and depth is impressive, as are your proportions. The only thing I can see that readily needs improvement is their gestures. They need more attitude or emotion. They don't look like have feelings or intentions. It may be helpful to quick gesture sketches of people (at the mall, school, ect.). The key to this exercise is speed and capturing the persons mood so to speak, not detials. You clearly have the detail part of it down. This was something I learned when I studied animation.Hope it helps.
sweet pixels bro
These all look pretty sweet. If I had any criticism, it would be that they all look pretty flat, depth-wise.
website by phil carty © 2011
additional icons by matty andrews and dana brett harris